LGA College Scholarship
As part of its charter, Louisiana Gas Association sponsors various public education and public relations programs, including scholarship awards to qualifying students attending 4-year accredited colleges and universities. More than $100,000 in scholarships have been awarded Since 1997.
Applicant must be the son, daughter, legal ward, or dependent of an employee of the following:
1. An LGA member company that has been active for at least one full calendar year before the date of the scholarship application deadline;
2. The employee form must be completed by the employee and signed by the company's primary representative and mailed with the application. If the form does not accompany the application or the company's primary representative does not sign it, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
3. The LGA member company is considered active and eligible to participate if an employee of the member company has attended the LGA Annual Operations Conference or one of the LGA Educational Seminars during the previous calendar year.
4. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, handicap or veteran status.
5. Prior LGA scholarship recipients are not eligible for future scholarship awards.
6. Individual or Special Members and their employees are not eligible.
1. Applicant must be a current full-time student attending an accredited 4-year college or university or a combination of a 4-year program at a college or university and specialty school (ie. Nursing school).
2. Must be at least a Junior and have successfully completed 60 hours.
3. Maximum of 25 years old (before the deadline for application).
4. Applicant must be enrolled at the time when submitting the application.
5. There must be evidence of a well-rounded person, as reflected in extracurricular activities, outside interests, hobbies, club memberships, public service, etic.
The Scholarship Fund awards approximately ten annual scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each. This amount is subject to be adjusted annually by the LGA Board of Directors. Individual scholarship amount or number of scholarships may vary from year to year. Awards are made by the consensus of the Scholarship Committee.
How to Apply
Click HERE to download the 2020 Scholarship Application.
Complete applications and all required documents must be postmarked by July 15th to be considered. Scholarships are typically announced and awarded in August.