College Scholarship Program
As part of its charter, the Louisiana Gas Association sponsors various Public Education and Public Relations programs, including Scholarship awards to qualifying students attending 4-year accredited Colleges and Universities. More than $258,000 in scholarships have been awarded since 1998.
1. A LGA member company that has been active for at least one full calendar year before the date of the scholarship application deadline;
3. The LGA member company is considered active and eligible to participate if an employee of the member company has attended the LGA Annual Operations Conference or one of the LGA Educational Seminars during the previous calendar year.
4. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, handicap, or veteran status.
5. Prior LGA scholarship recipients are not eligible for future scholarship awards.
6. Individual or Special Members and their employees are not eligible.
2. Must be at least a Junior and have successfully completed 60 hours.
3. Maximum of 25 years old (before the deadline for application).
4. The applicant must be enrolled at the time when submitting the application.
5. There must be evidence of a well-rounded person, as reflected in extracurricular activities, outside interests, hobbies, club memberships, public service, etc.
Completed applications and all required documents must be postmarked by July 1st to be considered. Scholarships are typically announced and awarded in August.